Cosmetic Dental Bonding Baton Rouge
If you are considering dentistry treatment to enhance the appearance of your smile, cosmetic bonding may be a terrific place to start. Dr. Kurt LeJeune offers this fast, easy, economical option to patients in the Baton Rouge area.
When bonding is usedBonding material is a composite resin – a special type of plastic formulated with finely powdered glass for enamel-like luster. It can be used cosmetically to:
- Mask chips and fractures, or a corner knocked off due to trauma.
- Disguise pitting or other enamel flaws.
- Cover stubborn discoloration, staining, or white spots caused by demineralization.
- Change the shape of teeth or make them look longer.
- Close gaps between teeth.
- Repair tooth decay, as an esthetic alternative to silver-colored amalgam.
Easy procedureUsing a shade guide, you and Dr. LeJeune select the composite resin color for your bonding. Teeth are treated with an etching solution to roughen enamel. Then a conditioning liquid is brushed on to improve adherence. The putty-like resin is applied; molded and smoothed into proper shape. The bonding is hardened with laser or ultraviolet light. Dr. LeJeune trims and makes final adjustments, then polishes the material to a sheen.
Benefits of bonding
- Single visit.
- Quick procedure. Bonding for a single tooth usually takes less than an hour.
- Often no anesthetic is needed.
- Conservative – minimal impact to healthy tooth structure.
- Cost effective.
- Strong and durable.
- No special care – only regular good oral hygiene is needed.
Are you ready to find out if cosmetic bonding is right for you? Call Cypress Dental in Baton Rouge at (225) 248-8400 to schedule a consultation with Dr. LeJeune.
All of the staff was extremely friendly, and very accommodating to all of my concerns and needs. The doctor took care to listen carefully to my concerns and answered all of my questions including providing a variety of options for me to choose from. The office atmosphere is very welcoming and professional. A great place for yourself and your family.
~ John V.
~ John V.